Figure Skating Competitive Opportunities
San Diego Figure Skating Communications
USFS Program Development
Jurisdiction: the creation and development of new programs for the benefit of U.S. Figure Skating and its members.
The following programs are under the auspices of the Program Development Committee. Each program has its own section on this site.
EDMUNDS, Judith C., National Vice Chair for Theatre On Ice, 19 Columbus Avenue, PO Box 788, West Yarmouth, MA 02673; W: (508) 775-9303; C: (508) 274-7052; F: (508) 775-8652; E: email@example.com
Solo Dance Competitions
The National Solo Dance Championship is a new figure skating event approved by the Program Development Committee. The purpose of this new competition is to establish a national competitive event for solo ice dancing which previously has only been offered as club and open competitions.Solo Dance Competition Series was launched in January 2011 and is an expansion of the National Solo Dance Championship. The goal of this program is to create a fun, nationwide competitive program for solo dancers testing at the standard level. This program will allow dancers to expand their competitive opportunities, have the chance to qualify for a national event, and keep travel costs down while increasing the visibility of ice dancing at local competitions.
The top six skaters from each section in each level (preliminary, pre-bronze, bronze, pre-silver, silver, pre-gold and gold) will advance to the National Solo Dance Championships. Each level at the National Solo Dance Championships will consist of 18 skaters.
Each level will be split into two qualifying rounds, with the skaters competing two dances within their level. The athletes finishing in the top four in each qualifying round will advance to the championship round, where they will compete the final dance(s).
The skaters' placement in the championship round only will determine their final placements.
A list of nonqualifying competitions participating in the Solo Dance Competition Series, (PDF).
How To Register and Participate -
1. Use the online registration form to sign up to be a part of the 2011 Solo Dance Competition Series.
2. You will receive a confirmation e-mail containing your Solo Dance Competition Series number to use when registering for competitions.
3. Between Feb. 1 and March 1, 2011, complete the Competition Selection Form.
4. Register for each of the nonqualifying competitions you selected on the Competition Selection Form. You are responsible for signing up for the events on your own.
5. U.S. Figure Skating will receive the results from each of the series competitions and will notify you of your standings. (See the Point Calculation Chart in the Resources box)<>6. The top six skaters in each level and section will be invited to advance to the National Solo
Dance Championships in Colorado Springs, Colo., in September 2011.
For more information, contact -
Figure Skating Programs Manager
phone (719) 635.5200
The following internet links have been gleaned from personal communications
combined with information from public institutions and athletic organizations/
associations that have a web presence with information concerning team and
individual sports programs:
All materials are copy protected.
The limited use of the materials for education purposes is allowed providing
credit is given for the source of the materials.