|Element 1a: Sustained Edge Step in a Counter
steps are optional.
The skater will powerfully perform a Back Inside 3-Turn to a sustained
swing change of edge followed by a Forward Inside Rocker stepping to a
Back Inside Double 3-Turn.
Backward crossover steps follow this sequence. This pattern is then
repeated to cover the entire surface of the arena.
The skater will repeat this pattern in the opposite direction.
- Free legs should fully extend and the extensions of legs
- An ability to maintain an even flow over the ice should be
- The upper body must be upright, without breaking forward at
the waist or hips.
- The head should be up while maintaining balance over the
foot and during transitions from one foot to the other.
- Hands should be held at waist level.
- No toe pushing should occur.
- Skater must sustain their flow throughout the
- Both directions should be skated equally well with
effective, but subtle, use of the knees.
- Footwork must be neat, not slurred.
- The skater must display the ability to maintain
power over the ice in flowing movements, without
leaning forward at the
waist, or being impeded while
turning from forward to backward and backward to forward.
- The edge into the rocker must be maintained. A 3-Turn is
- Attention to placement of the edges and turns on the ice is
required to established a balanced pattern repeated in both directions.
- The skater must demonstrate refined presentation and
- Alternating back inside 3’s.
- Back inside crossovers,
pull to short axis, cross RBI – repeat.