The primary goal of this element is to display the ability to start
from a standing position and skate forward, perform an inside mohawk,
change feet to a back outside edge prior to springing from the edge
and executing a full revolution loop jump without the free leg trailing on the
The skater must demonstrate the ability to
transition to the landing foot while while in the air and present
body and free leg positions upon landing.
- Smooth transitions from one foot to another in the mohawk
in a plié position (both knees are bent).
- After performing the inside mohawk, change feet to achieve
a back outside edge.
- Upper body position must not break forward at
the waist and the head should not look down in preparation for the jump.
- Hands should be at waist level with shoulders level. The
free arm should stretch forward matching the extension of the free
foot. The free foot must not trail on
the ice prior to jumping.
- The change of positions of the free leg and arms should not
disturb the arc of the tracing while performing the mohawk.
- No pre rotation of the upper body should occur prior to
- The full turn and should be completed in the air prior to
- The exit of the jump should be held on a sustained edge
with a strong checked position.
- The speed of the jump exit should not diminish from the
Advanced - Extra Credit
- Extra credit is given if skater can correctly perform
crossovers into mohawk as an entry to jump.
- Review changing feet to achieve a back outside edge.
- Review back outside upright spin.
- Teach the rotation as a jump from a center back outside
- Introduce the full turn rotation, landing on the back
edge of the jumping foot.